The foot heel is an area that is commonly injured, especially in young/old people. Foot heel pain is caused by something being out of place in the foot, either from being stressed from standing or active movements. If you’re suffering from foot heel pain and have not yet sought any help for this type of injury, there are several ways to reduce the pain and other symptoms associated with it, such as inflammation.
Slippers are the perfect shoe to slip into after a long day on your feet. They offer comfort and coziness and are perfect for relaxing at home. However, slippers may not be the best choice for heel pain. That’s why we want to help you find the best slippers for heel pain that provide support and cushioning for your heels.
Let’s get started!
Causes of heel pain
We all know that heel pain is something that just every shoe-wearer and runner encounters at some point or another. While running, in the course of our day-to-day activities and exercise, it is not uncommon to hear of and read about runners, especially those who are new to running, breaking their shoes, or having other foot-related pains. All these may be of different kinds but we all know that the most common is heel pain. What could cause heel pain and what should we do if it happens to us?
– wearing high heels
– standing or walking for long periods of time
– improper foot support
– excessive or increased stress on the body
Now, as a runner and a fellow runner, you may be wondering what should you do if you are suffering from heel pain?
Prevention of heel pain
Most runners that experience heel pain usually suffers because of their feet and legs not being properly prepared for their chosen footwear. More often than not, heel pain is caused by improper footwear choice or inadequate training for your chosen running activity. However, in some cases, the cause of heel pain can be due to different factors like:
– old age
– medical conditions
– lack of running shoes, etc.
Your feet and ankles consist of 26 bones and 33 joins with over 100 tendons, and your heel is the largest bone in your feet.
Your feet allow you to walk, run, and generally move around and are the basis of your entire body, carrying all the weight and impact.
There may be many things causing your heel pain, and we all know that heel pain can affect how you walk and your general well-being.
Major Causes of Heel Pain – There are many possible causes of heel pain, such as arthritis, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, bursitis, and other sprains, strains, and fractures or injuries.
Treating heel Pain – There are many ways to treat heel pain. You can try resting your feet, applying ice or heat, and using shoe inserts or heel lifts.
Preventing Heel Pain – If you want to prevent heel pain, start by wearing shoes that fit properly and offer good support and cushioning. Shoes designed for running and training will give you the most protection. Pace yourself with physical activities and always stretch first. Try to keep your weight in check as this is likewise quite a big reason for heel pain.
Now, to help you prevent and treat heel pain effectively, we recommend the following tips:
Diagnosing heel pain
If you are currently in a stage of training for your chosen sport, always make sure that you start out slowly. Your heel pain will subside after several weeks of consistent running.
To help you decide whether you have heel pain or not, make sure that you perform your stretches right after a long run. To strengthen your arch, especially if you have over-pronation, we recommend that you incorporate a heel drop exercise routine into your fitness regime.
Choosing Slippers for Heel Pain
When shopping for slippers or shoes to relieve heel pain, be sure to look for features that are similar.
Arch and Heel Support – If you’re looking for relief from heel pain, opt for slippers or shoes with an anatomical footbed or arch support, and a deeper heel cup or additional cushioning.
More Rigid Sole – Heels can be a lot less painful with the right footwear! A thicker sole or rocker design sole on a shoe or slipper will take much pressure off your heels, while a thicker rubber-soled slipper will provide the perfect level of comfort.
A Firmer heel Counter – To keep your ankles and Achilles tendons stable, the back part of the heel on your slipper or shoe should fit snugly and offer a bit more padding. If you suffer from Achilles tendinitis, this will be ideal for you.
Plenty of Cushioning – If you’re looking for heel protection and relief, you’ll want a footbed with plenty of cushioning throughout or concentrated in the heel area.
Features of a Good Slipper for Heel Pain
Uppers – There are many different types of slippers that can help relieve heel pain. You can choose between closed and open back slippers, in a variety of styles and colors. The uppers can be made from natural materials like leather, suede, cotton, bamboo, or hemp. There are a variety of synthetic materials that can be plush and soft, such as polyester and microfiber.
Comfort Features – Comfort features are specifically suited to heel pain, as most slippers lack much-needed comfort features. All the slippers offer a cushion and a thicker shock-absorbing sole from our range. Some offer arch support and a more anatomical shaped footbed, providing you with optimum comfort.
Outsole – Different slipper styles come with different types of outsoles; some are designed for indoor-only use, while others are made for both indoor and outdoor use. Indoor-only outsoles are usually made from EVA foam, suede, leather, or soft material, while outdoor and indoor outsoles are more durable and slip-resistant, made from rubber or synthetic materials.
Options – Our slipper selection offers a variety of colors, sizes, and widths to choose from.
Reviews: The Best Slippers for Heel Pain
Some of our most favored slipper brands and models have been found to be especially beneficial for heel pain. Check out the reviews below to find our top pick slippers, along with any we recommend that you should consider purchasing.
- Propét Men’s Cush N Foot Slipper For Heel Pain
About Product: The Cush ‘N Foot is the perfect way to relax your feet at the end of a long day. Its soft, accommodating neoprene or stretchable corduroy upper has an extra-large opening with a secure hook and loop closure that makes getting it on and taking it off super easy.
- The Cush and Foot Slipper range is perfect for anyone with any foot condition. The adjustable uppers and wider widths make our slippers a top choice for anyone looking for the perfect fit.
- Their closed design is also more secure.
- The slippers are perfect for keeping your feet cozy and supported.
- They are available in multiple color options.
- Orthofeet For Heel Pain
About Product: Orthofeet orthotic shoes provide the best orthopedic shoe solution with their lightweight soles, ergonomic design, and superior cushioning. Additionally, their premium orthotic insoles feature anatomical arch support and multiple cushioning layers to provide soft, pillow-like support that eases the pain on the foot and heel, all the way up to the knees, hips, and lower back caused by flat feet, overpronation and arthritis.
- These orthopedic slippers are perfect for anyone in need of some extra comfort.
- They created a comfortable lining and soft, flexible uppers.
- The slippers are fluffy and soft, with a supportive footbed that cushions your feet.
- The outsole is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use, made with durable rubber.
Orthofeet Proven Plantar Fasciitis Relief. Extended Widths. Best Orthopedic Arch Support Diabetic Men’s Leather Moccasins, TuscanyBuy Now
Orthofeet Proven Plantar Fasciitis & Foot Pain Relief. Extended Widths. Arch Support Women’s Leather Moccasins Slippers CapriBuy Now
3. Comfortable Heel Pain Slippers
About Product: If you suffer from plantar fasciitis, the ERGOfoot arch support slippers are perfect for you. They have been designed with an orthopedic footbed and a deep heel cup to provide heel support and maximum arch support, making walking a breeze. Plus, they can help you get rid of your foot pain, arch pain, and heel pain.
- The ERGOFoot slippers are the perfect way to relax after a long day. They have a comfortable slip-on design and proper support features to help you feel your best.
- They have a delicate knitted upper and are a stylish design.
- The slippers are bouncy and have a lot of arch support.
- The outsole is also durable and slip-resistant.
4. Orthofeet Heel pain Slipper
About Product: The lightweight ERGONOMIC SOLES with a mild Rocker design and SUPERIOR CUSHIONING enhance STABILITY, improve the EASE OF WALKING, and add spring to your step. The variety of widths along with two fitting spacers offers a PERFECT FIT.
A wide and roomy toe box, along with an extra depth design, offers a comfortable, non-binding fit and ease pressure on bunions, hammertoes, Morton’s neuroma, and swollen feet. ORTHOTIC FRIENDLY: Removable insoles (¼” thick in the forefoot area) provide ample space for custom-made orthotics
- Orthofeet offers two more stylish slipper models that are perfect for those with heel pain.
- These therapeutic slippers are designed with a supportive anatomical footbed and arch support, perfect for keeping your feet cozy and comfortable.
- The cushioning under your feet and heels provides support and comfort.
- The durable rubber outsole is stable and slip-resistant.
Foot Pain Relief Arch Support Orthopedic Men’s Leather Slippers AshevilleBuy Now
Plantar Fasciitis Diabetic Orthopedic Leather Women’s Arch Support Slippers CharlotteBuy Now
5. UGG Classic Slippers for Heel Pain
About Product: These 100% leather boots are imported from countries with sheep that have beautiful, lush fur. The synthetic sole and shaft measure approximately 8″ from the arch, and the boot opening is approximately 14″ around. The boots are lined with fur and come with an UGGpure insole.
- UGG Slippers Boots are the perfect choice for a winter comfort solution.
- Their genuine sheepskin leather uppers with a wool interior lining keep their feet warm and cozy.
- The rubber sole is incredibly durable and has a lug tread that provides great traction.
- Although the slippers don’t offer much support or cushioning, I chose them specifically because of their great fit- orthotics and insoles can be accommodated.
- They are perfect for those who need a little extra support and comfort in their shoes.
- In addition to this, they come in many color choices.
6. Summer Slipper for Heel Pain
About Product: Put these on to keep your feet snug and healthy. These SILVADUR anti-odor slippers will keep your downstairs feet free of bacteria and smelly feet. The slippers’ closed-back design ensures that they stay on your feet as you walk, especially helpful when climbing up or downstairs. The cotton knit upper and moisture-wicking terry lining allow your feet to breathe, while the entire slipper is machine washable so you can easily get rid of sweat, dirt, or stains.
High-density memory foam conforms to the contours of your feet for a super soft and comfortable fit, with just the right amount of arch support to help relieve stress on your midfoot.
You can easily step outside the house to pick up the mail or take out the dog without having to switch shoes, thanks to the sturdy rubber sole with anti-skid traction. The dual elastic gores also provide flex and comfort for high insteps, wide feet, or swollen feet.
- The RockDive slippers are the perfect choice for a summer stroll.
- They have cotton spandex uppers and a footbed of cushioning that provides superior comfort.
- These slippers are a lifesaver because they are machine washable!
- In addition to black and white, you can also choose from a variety of colors for your T-shirts.